A professional and experienced IT analyst with a wide knowledge of IT systems from design, delivery and testing, to successful implementation.
Skilled in Cyber Security, virtualisation, disaster recovery, server, desktop and network support.
An analytical, resourceful and self-motivated individual who is capable and used to working on own initiative, as demonstrated by the successful completion of an Open University Degree, alongside full-time employment.
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Windows 2012R2 & Windows 2016, Windows 8 & Windows 10
- Virtualisation – VMware, Site Recovery Manager, EqualLogic, and Hyper-V
- Cyber Security, Incident Response, eDiscovery & Disaster Recovery
- SQL Server SQL Query Language & SQL Server Reporting Services
- Office 365, including Security & Compliance, Exchange Online, Mimecast
- Communication Skills & Customer Focused
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
BSc (Honours) The Open University, 2001 – 2011
- I hold a First-Class Bachelor of Science Honours Open Degree from the Open University. Courses taken included
DB123 You and your money: personal finance in context (2009)
T324 Keeping ahead in information and communication technologies (2009)
M359 Relational databases: theory and practice (2007)
T305 Digital communications (2006)
T184 Robotics & the meaning of life: a practical guide to things that think (2005)
TXR174 Technology in action (2005)
TXR248 Experiencing systems (2004)
T205 Systems thinking: principles and practice (2004)
TT282 The server-side of application development (2003)
TT281 The client side of application development (2003)
TT280 Web applications: design, development and management (2002)
T209 Information and communication technologies: people and interactions (2002)
T171 You, your computer and the net (2001)
- I have also passed, with distinction, the Open University post graduate module M889 – Computer forensics and investigations (2010)
- CompTIA Security + (Nov 2018)
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) (Feb 2019)
- BCS level 4 certificate in Network Principles
- ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management
Server Administrator / Network Administrator
January 2011 – Current Pinnacle Group, Chelmsford, Essex
- Providing 3rd line technical support for all the companies in the Pinnacle Group, which operate in the housing, regeneration, facilities management and welfare to work sectors
- Management of the groups residual on premise VMware estate, Site Recovery Manager & EqualLogic SANs
- Participating in regular operations meetings with our Managed Service Providers
- Responsible for the backup of the server estate using vRanger, Veeam & Backup Exec
- Responsible for writing the company’s IT Disaster Recovery Plan
- Management of Blackberry UEM & BEMS, which is currently being migrated to MS Intune.
- Writing change requests and implementing same once approved by the CCB.
- Management of a hybrid Exchange server / o365 environment together with Mimecast email filter
- Administering a hosted Mitel telephony platform and providing out of hours support to a 24/7 call center
- Ensuring the servers, desktops & routers are patched & software up to date using WSUS, PDQ & Draytek ACS
- Administering Sophos Central Anti-Virus & Cloud Web Gateway
- Monitoring & Auditing the network, server & desktop environment using tools such as Lansweeper, PRTG, PDQ, Manage Engine & Netwrix
- Proactive & reactive support of over 100 remote sites around the UK, including the rollout of new offices and installing server, desktop, network & telephony equipment.
- Undertaking small to medium size projects such as rolling out new applications and upgrading existing software, eg Cascade, Netwrix,
- Investigating security incidents and managing eDiscovery tasks
- Ensuring documentation is up to date including producing incident response playbooks.
May 2010 to January 2011 Forensic Risk Alliance, Chelmsford, Essex
- Providing 1st to 3rd line technical support for an independent litigation support company, at two locations in the UK, and remote support for two offices in Europe and a number of home workers in the UK.
- Management of the company’s UK data center.
- Management of a ShoreTel IP telephone system, including upgrading to latest software release and rolling out replacement switches.
- Support and configuration of the group’s WAN infrastructure using Fortinet security appliances, including rolling out of new equipment in UK data center and remote users homes.
- Assisting in the collection and processing of forensically recovered material, including onsite collection of data, cataloguing media, preparing chain of custody material, together with the processing of recovered data using FTK 3.1 and bespoke data reviewing tools.
- Responsible for the purchasing of new IT equipment and management of telephone contracts
- Supporting a number of SQL Server and Access databases, including query and report writing.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
I enjoy genealogy; I’ve researched and written an in depth history of Thomas Willingale, who was instrumental in the saving of Epping Forest.
I volunteer on the heritage Epping Ongar Railway, in the safety critical role of Guard. As a Guard I’m responsible for the safe & efficient operation of the train and the safety & security of its passengers
I also like gardening, walking & cycling.